Monday, June 30, 2008

I'm Gonna Have Sex.. lots and lots of it.


Let me start by excusing my brother from having to read any further. It’s okay dawg, I understand. You may proceed at your own risk, and I will attempt to warn you in the very beginning if and when my post switches over to the sex talk. We really need to work out a code word… until then, I’ll just blatantly let you know.  I’m starting now.

After watching a spot on NBC’s TODAY about a husband and wife that had sex for 101 days, on purpose, I ran across an article in Women’s Health describing some of the benefits of a fairly active sex life. Now, I’m not quite sure which universal force controls the amount of sex that happens in the den of love (it had only been working part time, who or whatever it may be), but I think I’ve had an epiphany. The TODAY couple stated that they had never been closer. I want to be even closer to Leonidas! There are also many health advantages for those that shag (and I ain’t talkin’ about beach dancing) often. I want to be healthy! We’re also talking about reduction of stress, headaches, all around bitchiness (that comes SO naturally for me), not to mention the 200 calories burned during a naked sweaty love session. You KNOW I’m looking for any way NOT to go to the gym at dark thirty. Another part of my wanting to do this involves my awareness that my spawn have zapped my I wanna be your sex goddess time with my man. Not on purpose, mind you, but the “tie me to the bedpost and pull, don’t tug my hair” girl has been gone for about 5 years now. It is truly difficult to feel like Angelina Jolie when you’re acting like Mrs. Edna Garrett from “The Facts of Life” all day long, snotted on t-shirt with spaghetti sauce included at no extra cost. At the end of my day, I tend to favor a bottle of wine and an early night night over sexy time with my hot honey. In an effort to right those very basic wrongs, I proposed this to Leonidas on Friday, and he seemed quite supportive of my efforts, after he came to. Imagine that. *Please note that I am doing this on my own, free will and everything. I have not been forced, pressed, convinced, bribed, threatened, etc.* This is MY idea. 101 days of sex with my husband, starting tonight. It’s legal and doesn’t cost a dime… unless you count the hot lingerie I will be purchasing around day 30.  It’s time to get my mojo back. Yeah, baby!

No comments: